The end of the 100 day journey (plus filmclip)
It is hard to believe, but the 100-day journey is already over. It felt definitely as a pilgrimage, and sometimes I felt living the Lord of the Rings with all its rockiness, but also with beautiful green fields and sights of a bigger picture. The 100-day journey is over, but when is our journey over? On the first day of these 100 days, I shared these few lines:
A 100-day journey.
It’s the beginning of a journey
One that starts in Osijek
One through many countries
And endless kilometers
May God hold us in the palm of His hand
And may we -at peace-
Arrive at our destination.
Many questions are unanswered.
But one thing is as clear as crystal:
Blessed are those who
Put their trust in God.
And we did switch home, language, country, and a few other things. We are very grateful for the many breakthroughs! Below a little impression of these days. A few highlights:
- The move, the goodbye’s
- The stay in the monastery in Poland
- The stay in Eastern Germany with teammates.
- The safe arrival in the Netherlands in a nice house for three months. (ending soon though: Oct.1!)
- The lovely village live. Seeing old friends and reconnecting.
- The search for schools, house, car, parttime job for me, trusting, taking action and letting go. A never easy lesson!
- The breakdown of our car. The offer for another one within the family.
- The trip to Germany the International Teams conference and a short stop in Switzerland reconnecting with friends.
Just click on a photo, read the text and enjoy.
Let me know what you think, or what you are facing these days. I would love to hear from you!
Please, continue to pray for guidance and clarity regarding our next house. We are very grateful that we could land here in the village of our sending church. Finding a house can be a challenging process in our perspective. Is this just the last battle like in some stories? 😉 We trust that God is preparing something suitable for us. The Netherlands is a small, full country, and an affordable house can be a challenge. This is the verse that we hold on to these days:
” See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says.” Ex. 23: 20, 21
Warm greetings, Janneke